Kawasaki announced today the launch of the new Z250 for the Indonesian market. According to Team Green, the new streetfighter is part of a naked sportbike category stemming from the original Z1 to today’s Z800 and Z1000. Besides a lot of hyperbole, information is in short order but what we know is that the new […]
Results From Day 2 Of World Supersport Testing At Phillip Island
If there’s one constant when it comes to World Supersport racing, it’s that Kenan Sofuoglu will be at or near the front at all times. The former champ has a special ability when it comes to lapping middleweight sportbikes as quickly as possible, and it showed again at the conclusion of World Supersport testing at Phillip Island. Sofuoglu’s best time of 1:33.506 was set during the first day of testing, but still nobody was able to beat it.
However, American World Supersport rookie PJ Jacobsen came darn close, improving his time by over a second from yesterday to set the second-fastest lap of the test at 1:33.787. Michael van der Mark was the fastest of the non-Kawasaki riders, his 1:33.918 enough for third overall.
MV Agusta had a relatively positive test, as Jules Cluzel rocketed his F3 675 to fourth overall (1:33.984), while teammate Vladimir Leonov finished eighth (1:34.295).
Combined test times below:
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) 1:33.506
2. PJ Jacobsen (Kawasaki) 1:33.787
3. Michael Vd Mark (Honda) 1:33.918
4. Jules Cluzel (MV Agusta) 1:33.984
5. Rathapark Wilairot (Honda) 1:33.987
6. Kevin Coghlan (Yamaha) 1:34.072
7. Fabio Menghi (Yamaha) 1:34.233
8. Vladimir Leonov (MV Agusta) 1:34.295
9. Roberto Tamburini (Kawasaki) 1:34.301
10. Jack Kennedy (Honda) 1:34.393