Adjectives fail me. This almost seems like one of those sci-fi movies where an evil scientist tries to cross two deadly animals together to create the ultimate killing machine. So what are we looking at? It seems to be the deformed love child of a Citroën Xantia and a Kawasaki 1000 RX. This custom project, […]
Results From Day 1 Of World Supersport Testing At Phillip Island
Despite losing the World Supersport title last year to a hard-charging Sam Lowes, Mahi Racing Team India’s Kenan Sofuoglu, aboard his Kawasaki ZX-6R, hasn’t lost any of the pace that has made him the overwhelming favorite heading into 2014. He topped the timesheets on the first day of testing at Phillip Island, setting a time of 1:33.521, putting him at near lap-record pace.
Second on the day was Dutchman Michael van der Mark, aboard the Pata Honda CBR600RR. His time of 1:33.918 made him the only other rider to dip into the 1:33′s. An impressive third goes to Vladimir Leonov (1:34.360), who switched from Yamaha machinery last year to the MV Agusta F3 675, as part of the Italian manufacturer’s factory-backed return to international racing.
American PJ Jacobsen was eighth fastest (1:34.723) in this, his rookie season in WSS. He spent last year in the British Superbike series.
Monday’s combined times:
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) 1:33.521
2. Michael Vd Mark (Honda) 1:33.918
3. Vladimir Leonov (MV Agusta) 1:34.360
4. Jack Kennedy (Honda) 1:34.393
5. Fabio Menghi (Yamaha) 1:34.402
6. Riccardo Russo (Honda) 1:34.550
7. Kevin Coghlan (Yamaha) 1:34.619
8. PJ Jacobsen (Kawasaki) 1:34.723
9. Lorenzo Zanetti (Honda) 1:34.860
10. Florian Marino (Kawasaki) 1:34.944