Danny Eslick won his second career AMA Daytona Sportbike Championship, adding another #1 plate to the one he won in 2009. The Geico Powersports RMR Suzuki GSX-R600 rider won three races this season and added another five podium finishes to win the title by a 275-256 margin over Monster Energy Graves Yamaha’s Josh Herrin. Eslick […]
Results From Day 1 Of World Supersport Testing At Phillip Island
Despite losing the World Supersport title last year to a hard-charging Sam Lowes, Mahi Racing Team India’s Kenan Sofuoglu, aboard his Kawasaki ZX-6R, hasn’t lost any of the pace that has made him the overwhelming favorite heading into 2014. He topped the timesheets on the first day of testing at Phillip Island, setting a time of 1:33.521, putting him at near lap-record pace.
Second on the day was Dutchman Michael van der Mark, aboard the Pata Honda CBR600RR. His time of 1:33.918 made him the only other rider to dip into the 1:33′s. An impressive third goes to Vladimir Leonov (1:34.360), who switched from Yamaha machinery last year to the MV Agusta F3 675, as part of the Italian manufacturer’s factory-backed return to international racing.
American PJ Jacobsen was eighth fastest (1:34.723) in this, his rookie season in WSS. He spent last year in the British Superbike series.
Monday’s combined times:
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) 1:33.521
2. Michael Vd Mark (Honda) 1:33.918
3. Vladimir Leonov (MV Agusta) 1:34.360
4. Jack Kennedy (Honda) 1:34.393
5. Fabio Menghi (Yamaha) 1:34.402
6. Riccardo Russo (Honda) 1:34.550
7. Kevin Coghlan (Yamaha) 1:34.619
8. PJ Jacobsen (Kawasaki) 1:34.723
9. Lorenzo Zanetti (Honda) 1:34.860
10. Florian Marino (Kawasaki) 1:34.944