Alpinestars releases new MM93 Maze graphic on Supertech R boots and Supertech gloves ahead of the British MotoGP round at Silverstone.
Begin Press Release:
ALPINESTARS PRESENTS: LIMITED EDITION ‘MM93 MAZE’ SUPERTECH R BOOT AND SUPERTECH GLOVE MARC MARQUEZ RACE REPLICA
SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND – Throughout his impressive rise to MotoGP immortality, Marc Marquez has continually displayed the perfect fusion of power, pulsating race pace and bike control that has propelled him not only to the lead in this year’s title race, but an enduring legacy as the youngest rider to win three premier class world championships. To celebrate the iconic Spaniard’s appearance in the British MotoGP at the Silverstone circuit, Alpinestars is launching its new Limited Edition ‘MM93 Maze’ Supertech R Boot and Supertech Glove collection.
Designed and developed to the highest technical standards and innovation, the Supertech R Boots and Gloves are the most advanced racing products on track today, every component is meticulously engineered for high performance protection, precision and flexibility. Available in unique and vibrant limited edition color schemes the MM93 Maze Supertech R Boot and Gloves are truly dialed for speed and style, giving fans the rare opportunity to share in Marc’s historic success story so far …
Alpinestars’ most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest world champions past and present, the Supertech R features performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate and a redesigned front flex area – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this CE certified boot.
SUPERTECH R CONSTRUCTION
• Technical microfiber upper construction offering superb levels of flexibility.
• Microfiber main shell offers high levels of water-‐resistance, durability, and improved weight-‐savings.
• Material ensures consistent fit for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
• Redesigned front flex area is constructed from over-‐injected TPU over inject on breathable mesh with shaped reliefs for improve abrasion resistance and natural forward and back movements.
• Top gaiter follows leg contour and is made of flexible high-‐grade synthetic leather reinforced with PU.
• Lightweight rubber compound sole offers excellent grip and feel and allows for natural flex as the rider changes position and pressure on the foot-‐peg.
• Newly designed external TPU shin protection is ergonomically shaped and wraps around to outer calf and is engineered to spread and dissipate impact energy across the entire surface while remaining compact.
• Integrated replaceable co-‐injected TPU/Aluminum toe slider features new easy screw fixing concept provides feel and protects the outer toe box structure from abrasion.
• Replaceable polymer heel plate slider protects from impact and reduces friction in the event of a crash.
• Supertech R boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010.
• Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
• Innovative, full length medial-‐facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
• Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
• Separate internal bio-‐mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
• External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal.
• New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
• Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
• Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
• Shin plate features new micro-‐adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.
• On vented version: strategically positioned ventilation in heel and shin TPU guides air through the boot.
• These boots are available in men’s EURO sizes 39 -‐ 48.
SUPERTECH R INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
• Separate internal bio-‐mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle and leg. New research has produced re-‐profiled double hinged inner and outer torsion bars to give greater impact protection to the ankle by progressively absorbing flex and rotation stress, reducing pressure and hyper-‐extension injury to the lower leg joints.
• The inner ankle brace is constructed with a fiberglass re-‐enforced polyamide compound and ergonomically designed closed cell padding to give protection and comfort.
• Alpinestars exclusive lasting process has developed the Supertech R’s fit and feel characteristics to an even greater level, ensuring the inner structure allows the rider maximum feedback from the bike.
• Specially developed polyamide compound moldings give impact protection while retaining the ease of natural skeletal movement.
• Main upper material constructed from breathable mesh and microfiber chassis supported by an inner ankle soft padding for maximum comfort.
• Metal eyelet closure ensures rapid and accurate entry and exit and with micro-‐adjustability, ensures perfect fitting and security.
• Removable anatomic foot bed is sculpted for precision fit.
Alpinestars MM93 Maze Supertech R retails for $499.95. More info can be found here.
LIMITED EDITION MM93 MAZE SUPERTECH GLOVE
Designed and developed to the highest technical standards and innovation, the Supertech Gloves is one of the most advanced racing products on track today, every component is meticulously engineered for high performance protection, precision and flexibility. Available in unique and vibrant limited edition color schemes the MM93 Supertech Gloves are truly dialed for speed and style, giving fans the rare opportunity to share in Marc’s historic success story so far.
• Revolutionary development step for Moto GP proven glove
• Constructed from supple and strong full-grain kangaroo and cow leather for superior performance
• Pre-shaped leather on finger and thumb for superior feel
• Localized perforations on backhand and fourchettes keep the hands cool
• Ergonomic engineered Keprotech reinforcements on the palm and outer hand landing zones provide maximum abrasion resistance in key impact zones
• Ergonomic stretch insert on palm
• Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue
• Alpinestars Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) knuckle protection system features dual density mold construction for superior resistance to repeated impacts
• Molded knuckle protection air intakes and exhaust ports for improved hand ventilation
• Injected TPU finger slider for superior impact and abrasion resistance
• Ergonomically shaped TPU injected adjustable cuff panel for superior impact and abrasion resistance with high grip Velcro closure for security.
• Stretch leather accordion insert on extended thumb zone and fingers for superior fit and flexibility
• Lateral leather accordion insert gives greater range of movement to backhand area
• Internal top surface hand and thumb lining made with Dupont Kevlar fiber
• Internal little finger lining made with Dupont Kevlar fiber
• Alpinestars patented third and fourth finger bridge prevents finger roll separation in the event of a slide
• Printed logos
Alpinestars MM93 Maze Supertech Glove retails for $399.95. More info can be found here.