The Alpinestars Supertech R limited edition ’99Camo’ boots for riders who want to know what it’s like riding in Jorge Lorenzo’s boots.
Begin Press Release:
ALPINESTARS PRESENTS: LIMITED EDITION ‘99CAMO’ SUPERTECH R JORGE LORENZO RACE REPLICA
CATALUNYA, SPAIN – The historical MotoGP weekend in Montmelo is upon us and it is familiar territory for the five- time time World Champion, Jorge Lorenzo. Jorge has a rich history at the iconic race track, having taken
victory five times throughout his career. For the home coming of the ‘Spartan’, Alpinestars has created the Limited Edition “99 Camo” Supertech R race replica.
At just 20 years of age, in 2008, Jorge made his MotoGP debut at the GP of Qatar. With a second-place finish he made it clear that winning was his primary objective. 107 podiums, 44 wins and 3 MotoGP Championships later, Jorge sets his sights on joining a fine selection of GP legends to win the Championship with two manufacturers after joining Ducati for the 2017 season.
After taking his first podium finish onboard his Desmosedici in Jerez, the ‘Spartan’ arrives at his home race in Barcelona aiming to step higher up on the podium in his “99 Camo” Supertech Rs. His Limited Edition race boots feature all technical innovations of Alpinestars’ class-leading Supertech R and will be available in a special colourway, resulting in a premium race boot fit for Champions.
Alpinestars’ most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest world champions past and present, the Supertech R features performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate and a redesigned front flex area – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this CE certified boot.
SUPERTECH R CONSTRUCTION
• Technical microfiber upper construction offering superb levels of flexibility.
• Microfiber main shell offers high levels of water-resistance, durability, and improved weight-savings. • Material ensures consistent fit for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
• Redesigned front flex area is constructed from over-injected TPU over inject on breathable mesh with shaped reliefs for improve abrasion resistance and natural forward and back movements.
• Top gaiter follows leg contour and is made of flexible high-grade synthetic leather reinforced with PU.
• Lightweight rubber compound sole offers excellent grip and feel and allows for natural flex as the rider changes position and pressure on the foot-peg.
• Newly designed external TPU shin protection is ergonomically shaped and wraps around to outer calf and is engineered to spread and dissipate impact energy across the entire surface while remaining compact.
• Integrated replaceable co-injected TPU/Aluminum toe slider features new easy screw fixing concept provides feel and protects the outer toe box structure from abrasion.
• Replaceable polymer heel plate slider protects from impact and reduces friction in the event of a crash. • Supertech R boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010.
• Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
• Innovative, full length medial-facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
• Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
• Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
• External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal. • New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
• Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
• Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
• Shin plate features new micro-adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.
• On vented version: strategically positioned ventilation in heel and shin TPU guides air through the boot. • These boots are available in men’s EURO sizes 39 – 48.
SUPERTECH R INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
• Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle and leg. New research has produced re-profiled double hinged inner and outer torsion bars to give greater impact protection to the ankle by progressively absorbing flex and rotation stress, reducing pressure and hyper-extension injury to the lower leg joints.
• The inner ankle brace is constructed with a fiberglass re-enforced polyamide compound and ergonomically designed closed cell padding to give protection and comfort.
• Alpinestars exclusive lasting process has developed the Supertech R’s fit and feel characteristics to an even greater level, ensuring the inner structure allows the rider maximum feedback from the bike.
• Specially developed polyamide compound moldings give impact protection while retaining the ease of natural skeletal movement.
• Main upper material constructed from breathable mesh and microfiber chassis supported by an inner ankle soft padding for maximum comfort.
• Metal eyelet closure ensures rapid and accurate entry and exit and with micro-adjustability, ensures perfect fitting and security.
• Removable anatomic foot bed is sculpted for precision fit.