Get your 2017 Yamaha R6 ready to race with the big boys!
Begin Press Release:
FT ECU Inc. Introduces Racing Electronics Kits For 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6
Orange, CA – February 26, 2017 – After the second year in a row in which motorcycles equipped with FT ECU software won the MotoAmerica Superstock 1000, Supersport, and Superstock 600 Championships, the company is proud to introduce the availability of its Racing Electronics Kits for the brand-new 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6. The announcement was made by Chris Gardell, owner of FT ECU Inc.
According to Gardell, “Yamaha Motor Engineering Co., Ltd. (YEC) doesn’t offer a Racing Kit ECU for the 2017 Yamaha R6, but the good news is that we designed, developed, and are offering our own proprietary Racing Electronics Kits specifically for this year’s brand-new R6, and they are approved for use in the MotoAmerica series, as well as motorcycle road racing championships in countries throughout the world. Developed in partnership with Graves Racing Services, the FT ECU Racing Electronics Kits for the 2017 Yamaha R6 feature the most advanced rider and crew aids available anywhere in the world for 600cc sportbikes.
The 2017 R6 Racing Electronics Kits are available in two user levels: Pro and Privateer. The Pro Kit is fully adjustable with all parameters open. The Privateer Kit has preset base maps and simplified adjustments.
2017 R6 Racing Electronics Kit Specifications
• Replacement Wire Harness with Run/Stop Switch
• ABS Delete Module
• Quick Shifter and Auto-Blip Sensors
• Active Tune Controller and Lambda Sensor (active tune continuously corrects for on-track-optimized fueling)
• USB Communications Cable
• Pro and Privateer Race Team License
• Active Tune License
• Auto-Blip License
Key Software Features
– Active Tune Self-Adjusting Fuel Control
– Mode-Selectable Fuel Trim Tables
– Ignition Advance Tables (by gear and mode)
– Offset Tables (for cylinder-specific timing changes)
– Adjustable Base Maps (by gear and mode)
– Adjustable Engine Brake Maps (by gear and mode)
• Basic ECU Settings
– Rev-Limiter Adjustment
– Variable Intake (open and close settings)
– Bypassed OEM Gauge Requirement
– Modifications to Accommodate Racing Harness
• Rider Aids
– Adjustable Quick Shifter
– Auto-Blip Down Shifter
– Launch Control
– Pit-Road Speed Limiter
– Adjustable Traction Control
• Data Analysis
– Full complement of necessary channels for trackside tuning, including Traction Control parameters
– Officially supported data loggers include AiM MXS, EVO5, EVO4S, and MXL2
Limited quantities of the 2017 R6 Racing Electronics Kits, complete with full racing harnesses, will be available for delivery in late March. The prepaid, non-refundable, pre-ordered 2017 R6 Racing Electronics Kits will be available from FT ECU, Graves Racing Services, or any participating FT ECU reseller.
About FT ECU Inc.
Based in Orange, CA, FT ECU Inc. is a pioneer in the reprogramming of stock Electronic Control Units (ECUs) for the powersports industry. Utilizing groundbreaking software, Chris Gardell and his staff extract maximum performance by “reflashing” the electronics with higher-performance controls and parameters.