“This is a great opportunity for weekend warriors to come out, have some fun and race for trophies and glory during AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days,” said AMA Track Racing Manager Ken Saillant. “The rules are simple, all skill levels are welcome and everyone is required to stay safe and have fun.”
AMA Pit Bike TT details include:
- Two classes: 50cc-90cc and 91cc-125cc. All bikes must be four-strokes or factory oil-injected two strokes. Oil injection system may not be bypassed or removed. Two-stroke motocross models are not permitted.
- Full AMA membership or one-day competition pass required to compete in the AMA Pit Bike TT. All riders must be 18 or over to participate. Full safety gear is required.
- The entry fee is $15 for one class or $25 for both classes.
- Riders may pre-register through Friday, July 1, at events.constantcontact.
- On-site registration will be Friday, July 8, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the AMA tent on Champ Row in the infield. All riders registered by 3 p.m. on Friday will be able to begin practicing in organized sessions. Practice will end by 5 p.m.
- Following the post-practice riders’ meeting, participants will compete in heats and semis to earn a spot in the main event. Awards will be presented to the top five riders in each class in the main event only.
- The AMA reserves the right to change the class structure, modify race format and limit entries as necessary.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, a fundraiser for the non-profit AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, includes vintage and post-vintage motocross, trials, hare scrambles, vintage road racing and mini road racing in the upper paddock. A half-mile dirt track event will be held at the nearby Ashland County Fairgrounds.
Additional activities at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days include North America’s largest motorcycle swap meet, the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show, the American Motor Drome Wall of Death, a classic motorcycle field meet, demo rides of current production bikes, seminars, live music, Builder’s Row featuring some of the country’s best custom bike builders, two premier raffle bikes on display, a beer garden with the region’s best craft beers, the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Adventure Bike Challenge and displays by some of the AMA’s most active classic clubs.
For 2016, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will celebrate the championship-winning career of AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Wes Cooley and the 40-year anniversary of AMA Superbike racing. Cooley will be on hand throughout the weekend to sign autographs, participate in Q&A sessions and perform demonstration laps on his championship-winning GS1000 each day.
AMA members who buy event tickets directly from the AMA before June 6 receive an exclusive price discount. AMA members can call (800) 262-5646 to purchase a weekend pass for $45, a $5 savings off the regular advance rate, and a one-day pass for $25 for Friday or Saturday and $20 for Sunday, a $5 savings off the regular advance rate. There is no service charge for AMA members when purchasing through the AMA.
For more information about AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, see amavintagemotorcycledays.