Bel-Ray sponsored racers, Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing and Martin Davalos of Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing secured first and second place in 450SX and 250SX during the 16th round of AMA Supercross in East Rutherford, N.J.
Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing secured his fifth 450SX win of the season at MetLife Stadium. Roczen started out strong by capturing the holeshot and continued to lead all 20 laps of the main event for an almost perfect race. Roczen claimed his second consecutive win as he heads into the final race of the season onMay 7.
“I felt great out there,” said Roczen. “We were as consistent as you could possibly be out there, in my eyes. We didn’t make any mistakes and had an awesome night. It’s exactly what we were shooting for. Now we have to keep the ball rolling. We got the job done. We got a heat race win and then a main event win so I would say that’s almost a perfect night.”
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider and Bel-Ray sponsored racer, Martin Davalos, claimed second place in 250SX. After coming off a first place win at Gillette Stadium, Davalos was prepared to take home another victory in New Jersey. In the main event, he started off in second place where he quickly found his way into the lead. He held on to the lead for four laps, but fell into second place and finished the main event as the runner-up.
“I’ll take second, but I really want that win,” said Davalos. “I feel like I rode consistent and I don’t have any excuses. I had a good start and my bike worked really well. I’m pumped with how everything went. I was second in qualifying at practice.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results in East Rutherford:
- Ken Roczen – 1st place, 450SX Class at Monster Energy AMA Supercross East Rutherford – (2nd in points overall)
- Broc Tickle – 13th place, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross East Rutherford – (20th in points overall)
- Jake Weimer – 17th place, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross East Rutherford – (13th in points overall)
- Martin Davalos – 2nd place, 250SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross East Rutherford – (4th in points overall)
- Jason Anderson – 6th place, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross East Rutherford – (3rd in points overall)
Team Legends and Heroes
- Jacob Williamson – 18th place, 250SX Class at Monster Energy AMA Supercross East Rutherford – (25th in points overall)
- Darryn Durham – 15th place, 250SX Class at Monster Energy AMA Supercross East Rutherford – (22nd in points overall)
For the final round of the 2016 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season, Bel-Ray sponsored riders will head to Las Vegas, on May 7. For more information on Bel-Ray’s involvement in powersports or Bel-Ray’s full line of powersports products, please visit www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.