From a Yamaha press release:
For Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., Daytona Bike Week is not only an annual rite of Spring, it’s also an important part of the company’s long-standing heritage of racing success.
In addition to the historic 75th Daytona 200, Yamaha bLU cRU riders will be competing in Monster Energy AMA Supercross at Daytona, as well as several other racing events taking place in and around Daytona. In addition, Yamaha will have product displays and bike demos set up right outside at Daytona International Speedway for Bike Week visitors to enjoy.
Monster Energy AMA Supercross
Tomorrow, the Daytona Supercross will feature Monster Energy/360fly/Chaparral/Yamaha Factory Racing’s Chad Reed, as well as Monster Energy/Autotrader/Yamaha’s Weston Peick and Phil Nicoletti. In 250SX East, two-time AMA 250MX Champion Jeremy Martin and his Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha teammate Aaron Plessinger, along with CycleTrader/Rock River/Yamaha’s Benny Bloss, will be competing aboard their YZ250Fs.
The 75th Daytona 200
With 22 Yamaha victories in the iconic Daytona 200, Yamaha bLU cRU road racers will be looking to add Daytona 200 victory number 23 to the record books in the 75th running of “The Great American Motorcycle Race.” Leading the charge is two-time and defending Daytona 200 winner Danny Eslick, who will be aboard the #69 TOBC racing/Yamaha YZF-R6.
This year’s Daytona 200 is set to go green on Saturday, March 12, at 1 PM EST.
Yamaha bLU cRU and ATV riders will also be competing at other events during Daytona Bike Week, including the following:
• Saturday (ATV) and Sunday (Motorcycle), March 5 and 6 “The Wild Boar” Grand National Cross Country, Palatka, FL
– N-Fab/AmPro/Yamaha ATV: Walker Fowler and Cole Richardson (YFZ450R) (XC1)
– N-Fab/AmPro/Yamaha Motorcycle: Nick Davis (YZ250FX) (XC2), Grant Baylor and Daniel Milner (YZ450FX) (XC1)
– Raines Riding University/Atlas Yamaha: Austin Lee (YZ250FX) (XC2)
• Sunday and Monday, March 6 and 7
Daytona Amateur Supercross, Daytona International Speedway
– Horton Racing/Yamaha bLU cRU: Brock Papi (YZ125/250F), Bradley Taft and Jake Masterpool (YZ250F/YZ450F)
– Yamaha bLU cRU: Ty Masterpool and Caden Braswell (YZ85)
– Yamaha’s Trackside Support team from Triangle Cycles (Danville, VA) will be on hand to support all Yamaha bLU cRU riders
• Tuesday, March 8
AMA ATV MX, Daytona International Speedway
– Wienen Motorsports/SSI/Maxxis/Yamaha: Chad Wienen (YFZ450R) (Pro)
– Root River/Maxxis/Fox Racing/Yamaha: Thomas Brown (YFZ450R) (Pro)
– Yamaha’s Trackside Support team from Pro Motorsports (Mt. Pleasant, IA) will be on hand to support all Yamaha riders
• Thursday & Friday, March 10 & 11
Daytona Flat Track, Daytona International Speedway
– Sammy Halbert Racing: Sammy Halbert (YZ450F) (GNC1)
– Babe DeMay/Memphis Shades/Yamaha: Dominic Colindres (YZ450F) (GNC1)
See The 2016 Yamaha XSR900, FJR1300ES, FJR1300A, Boats, and WaveRunners
Three of Yamaha’s newest motorcycles will be showcased in the Yamaha Display at Daytona International Speedway. The stunning XSR900 Sport Heritage motorcycle and the updated FJR1300ES and FJR1300E Supersport Touring models will be featured, along with the 60th Anniversary R6, FZ-07, FZ-09, WR450F, YZ450F, as well as a pair of 2016 Yamaha Boats and a dozen new WaveRunners.
The Yamaha Display will be open Friday, March 4 through Friday, March 11 from 9 AM to 6 PM, and Saturday March 12 from 9 AM to 4 PM. Hats, T-shirts, and other Yamaha apparel will be available for purchase from Friday, March 4 through Sunday March 6.
Get Up-Close With The Yamaha DT-07 Flat Tracker
The stunning, one-of-a-kind DT-07 Flat Track Concept Bike will be on hand for up-close viewing at the Yamaha Display.
Check Out The Yamaha Champion’s Bikes
Jorge Lorenzo’s 2015 MotoGP Championship-Winning YZR-M1, Cameron Beaubier’s MotoAmerica Superbike Championship-Winning YZF-R1, and JD Beach’s MotoAmerica Supersport Championship-Winning R6 will also be showcased at the Yamaha Display.
Take A Ride On A 2016 Yamaha Motorcycle
To demo a 2016 Yamaha YZF-R3, YZF-R6, FZ-07, FZ-09, FJ-09, FJR1300 (2015 Model), Super Ténéré, Bolt, Raider, Stryker, or V Star 1300 Deluxe, go to the Yamaha Display at Daytona International Speedway on Friday, March 4 through Friday, March 11 from 9 AM to 5 PM, or on Saturday, March 12 from 9 to 3 PM. You must be 21 years of age and have a valid motorcycle license (permits are not allowed), a DOT-approved helmet, long pants, enclosed shoes, a shirt, and eye protection to take your ride.
Wield The Yamaha Revstar Guitars
Yamaha’s brand-new lineup of Revstar solid-body electric guitars will be featured at the Yamaha Display. The Revstar guitar line draws from the legendary, 50-year history of Yamaha guitars, while also getting color/design cues and inspiration from the 60-year heritage of Yamaha Motor Company, Ltd.
Enter For A Chance To Win A Street-Legal 2016 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha R3
The limited-edition 2016 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha R3 sportbike–featuring custom paint, Ohlins rear shock and Andreani front fork kit, frame sliders, adjustable rearsets, swingarm spools, fender eliminator kit, and Dunlop Sportmax Alpha tires–will be at the Yamaha Display, and you can enter online to win it at http://www.YamahaMotorsports.com/R3Sweepstakes.
For more Yamaha racing news, results, photos, and videos, visit www.YamahaMotorsports.com/Racing.