From a Honda press release:
Honda kicked off the New Year by announcing today that its Red Riders Rewards program has been improved and expanded for 2016, with nearly $7 million in earnings available to Honda racers. This contingency plan covers a number of racing disciplines including supercross, motocross, off-road, road racing, dirt track, trials and ATV, comprising more than 1,300 individual events at which Honda racers have the opportunity to earn payouts. Honda continues to focus on helping the privateer by paying down further in pro classes and increasing payout to those positions, as well as across more club and amateur organizations.
In addition, winnings are now issued via PayPal, streamlining the payment process. Participants simply link their PayPal accounts, and as soon as a race promoter posts results to the XTRM Performance Network, the payout is processed.
“We’re very excited that Honda’s Red Riders Rewards program is even bigger and better for this year,” said Mike Snyder, Senior Manager of Powersports Marketing at American Honda. “We have been working hard to improve our program to better serve privateer pros and amateurs, across all racing organizations. Starting with this weekend’s AMA Supercross opener in Anaheim, racers can begin earning awards, and there are many, many other opportunities throughout the year, from Hangtown to Elkhart Lake. Also, the addition of PayPal means that redeeming awards is more convenient and quicker than ever.”
Highlights for for the 2016 season include:
- AMA Supercross: Increased payouts focused on privateer positions.
- AMA Motocross: Increased payouts, paying per moto down to 40th place.
- Amateur Motocross: Increased payouts, as well as expanded trackside support at Loretta Lynn’s and other select events.
- MotoAmerica: Continued $10K for Superbike wins, all classes paid down to 10th place both days.
- Arenacross: Increased payouts in all classes.