The Ducati Scrambler was selected in a poll by Italian magazine Motociclismo as the “Most Beautiful Bike of Show” at the 2014 EICMA show.
The Scrambler was a bit of a surprise considering it actually debuted a few weeks earlier at the Intermot show. The Scrambler was an overwhelming winner, however, selected by 43% of the approximately 10,000 visitors polled by Motociclismo, well ahead of the MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR which came in second at 15%.
Most Beautiful Bike of Show results
- Ducati Scrambler (43%)
- MV Agusta Brutale RR Dragster 800 (15%)
- Yamaha YZF-R1 (14%)
- Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory in 1100 (8%)
- BMW S 1000 XR (6%)
- Moto Guzzi Eldorado (3%)
- Honda Crossrunner (2%)
- Husqvarna 701 Supermoto (2%)
- Triumph Street Triple RX (1%)
- Suzuki GSX-S1000F (1%)
There may be an inherent bias in this poll by an Italian magazine of primarily Italian guests for a motorcycle show in Italy, as this marks the tenth year in a row that an Italian motorcycle won the “Most Beautiful Bike of Show” honor.
Previous Most Beautiful Bike of Show Winners
- 2005 MV Agusta Brutale 910 R
- 2006 Ducati 1098
- 2007 MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
- 2008 Ducati Streetfighter
- 2009 Ducati Multistrada 1200
- 2010 MV Agusta F3
- 2011 Ducati 1199 Panigale
- 2012 MV Agusta Rivale 800
- 2013 Ducati Monster 1200S
- 2014 Ducati Scrambler
Do you agree with Motociclismo‘s poll? Which motorcycle from the 2014 EICMA show do you think was the most beautiful?
[Source: Ducati, Motociclismo]