From an AMA press release:
Hollywood actor and longtime motorcyclist Perry King will serve as the master of ceremonies for the 2014 American Honda AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Harley-Davidson, on Friday, Oct. 17, at the Chapin Theater in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The induction ceremony takes place during the 2014 AMA Convention, Oct. 16-19, in conjunction with the American International Motorcycle Expo.
“It is a tremendous honor for me to pay tribute to my heroes and motorcycling’s best and brightest as the emcee of the 2014 AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony,” said King, a member of the AMA Board of Directors. “I’ve been fortunate to perform this role for a number of years now, and each event is a treasured time for the inductees, and their families, friends and fans.
“I encourage all those who love motorcycling to join me for a memorable evening,” King added.
The American Honda AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Harley-Davidson, will officially welcome the Hall of Fame Class of 2014, which includes race tuner and innovator Byron Hines; motocross pioneer Pierre Karsmakers; Tom White, acclaimed motorcycle collector, former nationally ranked racer and founder of White Brothers Cycle Specialties; George Barber, founder of the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum and the Barber Motorsports Park; national off-road racing champion Scott Summers; AMA motocross champion and current supercross/motocross team manager Mike LaRocco; and legendary tuner, engine builder and team owner Rob Muzzy.
Also honored will be AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Legend William “Willie G.” Davidson. Willie G. is the grandson of Harley-Davidson founder William A. Davidson and is responsible for many of the innovative motorcycle designs that ushered in a new era for the iconic company.
Tickets for American Honda AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Harley-Davidson, are available at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/
- A kick-off party at Orlando Eagle Rider, Thursday evening, 6-10 p.m., with food, drink, live music and Hall of Famer autograph signings;
- Informative seminars on a variety of motorcycling topics at the convention center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 17;
- For AMA members, the annual AMA member meeting on Friday morning;
- An exclusive luncheon on Friday with AMA Board of Directors Chair Maggie McNally-Bradshaw;
- A Saturday street ride and fundraiser for breast cancer awareness with McNally-Bradshaw;
- A Saturday adventure ride with AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman;
- Saturday demonstrations of motorcycle tip-over recovery and sound awareness testing;
- Early access to weekend motorcycle demo rides at the AIMExpo;
- For AMA members, a 37 percent discount on regularly priced daily rentals from AMA member benefit partner EagleRider.
The 2014 AIMExpo provides a first look at the latest in motorcycles, gear, gadgets and gizmos. AIMExpo is a diverse powersports event that is open to trade and media on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 16-17, and open to the general public on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 18-19. AMA National Convention attendees who are not members of the industry or media are encouraged to attend the AIMExpo Oct. 18-19.
To join the conversation and get the latest updates on the American Honda AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, use the hashtag #AMAHoF. Fans and supporters can also connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AMAHallofFame