Harley-Davidson announced a number of updates to its touring models, a cumulative result of a product development effort the company dubs Project Rushmore. The enhancements cover several areas, addressing performance, comfort, style and infotainment needs, and will be implemented across eight 2014 Harley-Davidson Touring models: the Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Special, Electra Glide […]
Aprilia Tweaks Tuono V4 R For 2015
While it’s largely the same, for 2015, Aprilia have squeezed out a tiny bit more power out of the Tuono V4 R, one of Motorcycle.com‘s favorite motorcycles. Read below for the news from Aprilia.
The brand new 2015 not only retains all the important updates introduced on the 2014 version: Racing ABS (3 maps + off), Brembo M432 monobloc radial front calipers, increased tank capacity (+0.40 gallons) reshaped for improved ergonomics, Sachs fork with one-by-one separated hydraulic adjustments, improved seat ergonomics with softer padding than in 2013, comfort-oriented suspension setting (without scarifying performance), and aPRC, the most advanced electronics system in production. With the new 2015, the power is increased to 170 hp (+3hp) and torque rises 83.3 ft lb (113Nm) thanks to a re-engineered internal exhaust system, making the already commanding Tuono V4 R that much more persuasive.
Extremely compact, as slim as a twin-cylinder and installed in an ultra-compact chassis, the 65° V4 engine on the V4 R is the pinnacle of Italian ingenuity. The Tuono offers greater fluidity making it more enjoyable and rewarding to ride on the road, without sacrificing capabilities on the track. Thanks to triple mapping selectable from the handlebar, the character of the bike can be modified to suit the rider’s personal riding needs on go.
- T-Track: no compromise. All 170 horsepower available at the slightest twist of the throttle.
- S-Sport: maximum fun on the open road, with smooth delivery across the rev band for less demanding riding
- R-Road: usability in all conditions. Power attenuated by 25% making it ideal for the city and wet conditions
The aluminum race-type frame and swingarm deliver a perfect balance of torsional and flexional
stiffness, superb dynamic equilibrium and efficiency as well as exceptional stability and directionality for the optimal rider feel. The mind-blowing 2015 Tuono V4 R comes equipped with the best electronics package on the market, with the second generation aPRC dynamic control system, to assist the rider in achieving maximum performance – adjustable on the fly, saving rider settings each time the bike is turned off.
Aprilia Performance Ride Control (aPRC) includes:
• aTC – 8 setting traction control ranging from those for conservative use on the road to full race mode
• aWC, – wheelie control specially adapted for the weight of the Tuono V4, with 3 settings to manage the most extreme wheelie conditions yet gradually set the rear tire back on the road or track ;
• aQS - ultra-fast quick shifting without closing the throttle or using the clutch.
• aLC – launch control for lightning fast take offs with all 170 horsepower of the beast from Noale are ready to slingshot the Tuono like a missile as soon as the rider releases the clutch.
TUONO V4 aPRC ABS MAIN FEATURES
- 65° V4 engine, 999.6 cc, 4-strokes, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft (DOHC), four valves per cylinder
- Max Power 170 hp @ 11,500rpm / Max Torque 83.3 ft lb @ 9500rpm
- Brembo M432 monobloc radial front calipers
- Racing ABS system with 3 map settings + off
- Increased capacity tank, reshaped for improved ergonomics (4.9 gal. – 18.5 l)
- Sachs fork with one-by-one separated hydraulic adjustments
- Seat ergonomics The padding of the seat is now softer vs. MY13
- Comfort-oriented suspension setting, without scarifying performances
- Most advanced APRC settings to further improve the system response
The 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 R ABS aPRC will be available in US dealerships this September 2014 at a MSRP of $14,499, and is available in Matte White and Matte Black.