The annual Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este usually features some of the world’s most beautiful classic cars, but this year’s show had a special exhibit celebrating the 90th anniversary of BMW Motorrad. More than 6,000 people visited the BMW Group-organized Concorso d’Eleganza on the shore of Italy’s Lake Como. The BMW Motorrad exhibit featured some of […]
“The Meet” Vintage Motorcycle Show This Saturday
The stage is set for ”The Meet at ACM” motorcycle show this weekend in Tacoma, WA. While festivities will begin on Friday evening, America’s Car Museum (ACM) will host the third annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival on Saturday from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Organizers expect 450 vintage motorcycles and scooters from all over the nation to attend.
The Saturday event will include:
- Pre–1981 motorcycles, including BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Lambretta, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Royal Enfield, Triumph, Vespa and Vincent
- Judged classes with an awards ceremony
- Used Bike Corral and Swap Meet
- Vendors offering apparel, bike accessories and restoration services
- Motorcycle test rides
- Observed Trials demonstration by the Puget Sound Trialers Club
- Precision group formation demonstrations by the Tenino Motorcycle Drill Team
On Sunday, a 70-mile, 3-hour scenic ride is scheduled and open to all vintage and modern motorcycles and scooters. After the ride, a barbecue will be held at the Museum. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Entries cost $15.
Fans of vintage motorcycles – or just motorcycles, in general – should head on down to the LeMay – America’s Car Museum, 2702 East D Street in Tacoma, (877) 902–8490.
For further information, please visit vintagemotorcyclefestival.com.