MotoGP racer Ben Spies has announced he will not re-sign with Yamaha while hinting at an impending announcement for his plans for the 2013 racing season. Earlier this week, Spies used Twitter (@BenSpies11) to hint at a change for next season. In an email to SuperbikePlanet, Spies confirmed he has decided not to remain with […]
Valentino Rossi Limited Edition Double Face Helmet Now Available
The replica of the Valentino Rossi limited edition double face helmet is now available.
The helmet features two blue eyes staring over the shoulders, the Soleluna graphics turned 180° with the back and front the same, and yellow dominating the color scheme. This is the AGV Corsa Winter Test Limited Edition.
The Corsa helmet blends the performance of the Pista GP racing model with road-going characteristics. It is an exact replica of the model created for Valentino Rossi by Aldo Drudi and worn by the “doctor” during team tests in Sepang.
The AGV Corsa is a product of the innovative Extreme Standards Helmets process which starts from components in contact with the rider’s head and works outwards to the outer shell in such a way that the shape of structures, modeled on contact surfaces, provides excellent safety but keeps bulk to a minimum.
Safety, ergonomics, comfort and reliability are a given, but AGV also aims to make as little impact on the environment as possible. The Corsa Winter Test Limited Edition is a 100% made in Italy and was designed and manufactured in Italy by highly specialized personnel using state-of-the-art equipment. In regards to protecting the environment, waterjet technology is used to cut the carbon fibre shells, the painting system uses eco-compatible water based paints and a dust suppression/residue treatment system is in operation throughout the entire factory.
U.S. pricing hasn’t been released at press time, but judging from past Rossi replica Corsa helmets, expect it to be near the $900 mark.
1. Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in composite fiber, aramid and Carbon Fiber
2. Four shell sizes
3. Fabric: Breathable Lycra lining and shalimar fabric with sanitizing treatment
4. Liners: Fully removable and washable inner liners
5. Ventilation system: IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
6. Air vents with open/close mechanism
7. Visor mechanism: XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening. Visor front micro- lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. Quick release system for tool- free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds.
8. Race flat, Class 1 optical standards, non scratch and anti-fog visor(4 layers) whit wide field of vision suitable for tear off strips
9. Retention system: Double D-rings
10. Removable nose guard
11. Removable windproof chin strap protection
12. Sizes XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
Visit store.agv.com for more information.