Maybe if I had one of these as a child instead of a traditional rocking horse, I’d be out building log cabins, competing in arm wrestling competitions, and “man’ing up”, instead of sitting at my comfy desk, looking at pretty pictures on the internet with my iMac and sipping Orange Pekoe tea. You want to […]
World’s Largest Rideable Motorcycle Enters Guinness Record Book
Guinness World Records announced the latest new records to be added to its collection of oddities, including a new record-holder for the world’s largest rideable motorcycle.
Italian product designer Fabio Reggiani led a team of eight people for seven months to build his giant motorcycle. The behemoth stands 16 ft. 8.76 in. tall, 394.88 inches long, 98 inches wide and weighs five and a half tons. Oh, and it runs, drawing power from a 5.7L V8 engine claiming 280 hp. Power is delivered through a three-speed transmission (plus reverse). The giant motorcycle can move on two wheels but Reggiani added a pair of training wheels to improve stability (you’d need stilts to put a foot down when you stop!).
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Reggiani’s motorcycle beats the previous record holder, the Monster Cycle built by Gregory Dunham of California. Dunham’s motorcycle is shorter at 11 ft. 3 in. tall, and a measly 243.6 inches long and weighs 6500 pounds. Dunham’s Monster does have a bigger engine, an 8.2L V8.
Other new records added to the 2014 Guinness World Records book run the gamut from simply amazing to just plain bizarre. They include:
- Farthest Distance Skateboarded by a Goat – Happie (USA) – 36 m (118ft) in 25 seconds
- Fastest Crossing of a tightrope by a dog – Ozzy (UK) – 3.5-metre-long rope in 18.22 seconds
- Lowest Limbo Skater – Rohan Kokane (India) – Skated 10 m at height of 25 cm (9.84 in)
- Largest Collection of Star Wars – Steve Sansweet (USA) – amassed an estimated 300,000 unique items
- World’s Smallest Dog – Female Chihuahua called Milly (Puerto Rico) – 9.65 cm (3.8 in) tall
- Fastest 100m in High Heels – Julia Plecher (Germany) – 14.531 sec
- Smallest Car – Austin Coulson (USA) – 63.5 cm, high, 65.41 cm, wide and 126.47 cm long
- World’s Smallest Donkey – KneeHi – 25.25″ tall
- Fastest Human Backbend Walk – Leilani Franco (UK/Philippines) travelled in a backbend position a distance of 20 m (65 ft 7.2 in) in a time of 10.05 sec
But perhaps the most amazing new record is the world’s largest walking robot, a 51 ft. 6.898 in. long, 40 ft. 5.433 in. wide and 26 ft. 10.835 in. tall fire-breathing dragon built by Zollner Elektronik for a play in Germany.
[Source: Guinness World Records]