Recently, I flew to Alabama to test Dunlop’s latest street/track tire, the Q3, at the company’s dedicated motorcycle testing facility. In my review, I had nothing but good things to say about them. But to drive the point home, I, as well as a number of other editors at various publications, were recorded on video […]
Don’t Forget: Monday, June 17 Is Ride To Work Day
All of the Motorcycle.com editors, including Jonny Langston, shown above, ride to work. Then again, it’s our job. However, if you’re a fair weather rider, or generally opt for four wheels during the weekly grind, ditch the car and grab your helmet on Monday, June 17, for the annual Ride To Work Day 2013.
What is Ride To Work Day? Well, ride your motorcycle on Monday to demonstrate:
- The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
- That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
- That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
- That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
- That motorcycling is a social good.
But the day is more than just a social statement, it’s also a chance for fellow motorcyclists to bring awareness to the Ride To Work 501 c4 non-profit organization. Its goal is to advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and provide information about everyday utility riding to the public.
You can learn more about Ride To Work Day, the non-profit organization, and their founder, Andy Goldfine (of Aerostich fame) at the Ride To Work website.