Ducati has revealed a new art collection featuring nine-time Grand Prix World Champion and current Ducati MotoGP factory rider Valentino Rossi. Available at DucatiArt.com, the collection features five vividly coloured pieces created by Polish artist Patryk Kuleta. The five pieces are titled The Fight (pictured above), 46 Reasons, First Ride, Front Runner and Perpetually Stronger. Ducati […]
2010 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO and EVO SP: First Ride
Riding impressions from Italy
We were invited by Ducati to the Mores Raceway on the island of Sardinia in Italy to take a look at the new Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO and EVO SP. As we were told by insiders at the 796 launch the Hypers are now one big happy family consisting of three members.
The EVO and EVO SP are both seven kilos (15.4 pounds) lighter and five horses more powerful than the 2009 Hypermotard 1100. The EVO SP gets a massive new 50mm Marzocchi Supermoto racing spec fork with 30mm more travel. That 30mm extra travel has also provided 30mm more ground clearance.
The Marchesini wheels are lighter than on the EVO. On the new wheels Ducati opted for the best Pirelli could muster in the Diablo Supercorsa SP. The handlebar is 20mm higher to complete the essential racing upgrades.
Out on Mores there’s nothing more entertaining than riding the 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP. Each lap is less than a minute and we could just push and push. The SP also feature Brembo’s Monoblock brakes which just for illustration are a lot better than what’s standard on BMW’s S1000RR and with a lot less weight (and speed) to stop.
The results of the Hypermotard EVO upgrades are simply less weight + more power = more fun!
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Quick glance Hypermotard history:
- November 2005: Prototype Hypermotard 1100 shown at Milan International Motorcycle Show. Awarded ‘Best of Show’.
- November 2007: Production Hypermotard 1100 and 1100 S launched at Milan International Motorcycle show.
- June 2007: Hypermotard 1100 and 1100 S arrived in showrooms as an early release model year 2008.
- November 2008: Model year 2009 Hypermotard 1100 updated with an additional color option of pearl white. Hypermotard 1100 S updated with Kayaba forks, an additional color option of black and DDA kit supplied as standard equipment. The Hypermotard 1100 S takes victory at Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb, Colorado (1200cc category).
- October 2009: Release of new model year 2010 Hypermotard 796.
- November 2009: Model year 2010 Hypermotard 1100EVO and 1100EVO SP launched at Milan International Motorcycle show.