[photo courtesy AMA; Jay Westcott] On June 19, motorcyclists and antique car owners shared their concerns with higher ethanol blend fuels and the damage they cause engines during the American Motorcyclist Association’s E15 Fuel for Thought Rally at the US Capitol in Washington DC. The riders and vintage auto enthusiasts gathered to urge independent testing […]
JGRMX concept bike
While covering the SEMA show this year for AutoGuide.com, we came across this concept bike that was displayed in the Toyota booth. Other than the information plate that was posted beside the fenced off bike, no one in the booth had anymore info or news about it.
Check out a list of specs after the jump.
- Specially lightened and polished frame
- Carbon fiber body panels
- Custom fuel tank
- A fan driven forced air induction into a specially constructed intake system with fuel injection
- The intake and exhaust have been reversed on the cylinder for optimal weight balance
- The rear shock absorber has a specially tilted reservoir to keep it away from the hear displaced by the exhaust pipe
- Unique air start system utilizing the frame as the air tank
- A light weight special aluminum extrusion cooling system takes the place of conventional radiators
- On board data acquisition system able to measure in real time functions such as suspension travel, engine temperature, speed, etc.
- Specially made brake rotors with the Toyota logos cut into them
- A specially made swingarm with the Toyota logo machined into it
- A light weight carbon fiber muffler
- Special light weight wheels
- Extensive use of titanium and exotic metals